- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Arrange sliced eggplant and tomatoes on a sheet tray. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring vegetable stock to a simmer. Add parmesan cheese and allow it to infuse stock. Strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth so stock is clear.
- Bloom 12 sheets of gelatin in ice water. Add gelatin to hot parmesan stock.
- Line a terrine dish with plastic wrap. Start with eggplant as a base and alternate layers of eggplant, roasted tomatoes, and basil. Layer a small amount of gelatin-infused parmesan stock on each layer, pressing down each layer firmly with fingers to ensure a tightly packed terrine. When terrine is almost full, spread goat cheese over terrine, and then finish with one more layer of eggplant. Mold should be filled to ½ inch from top. Layer parmesan stock on top of terrine, and press down again.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow gelatin to completely set. Carefully remove from dish and slice to ¾ inch servings. Enjoy.