Parmesan Herb Crust
- Place the bread crumbs in a food processor and blend on high to thoroughly process. Add Parmesan, herbs, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Reserve.
Foraged Mushroom Gratin
- Preheat oven broiler to medium-high heat.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over high heat. Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
- When pan is lightly smoking, add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute, or until golden. Stir in the mushrooms and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium high.
- Cover the pan and continue to sauté for 1 minute. Uncover the pan and deglaze with the white wine. Cook, reducing the wine to a glaze, and stir in the heavy cream. Reduce by half.
- Stir in the remaining butter, herbs, salt, and pepper. Taste and reseason, if necessary.
- Place mushroom mixture into 4 ramekins and liberally sprinkle with the Parmesan herb crust.
- Place ramekins under the broiler and cook until the crust is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with toasted crostini.