Make the vinaigrette:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine tea, lemon juice, and mint. Cook until just reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes. Strain mixture into a bowl and stir in honey. Set aside.
Prepare the crab salad:
- In a mixing bowl, combine crab, watermelon, and basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk lime with oil and salt and pepper. Pour over crab-watermelon mixture and toss carefully, just to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Bread and fry the tomatoes:
- In a shallow dish, season flour lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place in a bowl and cover with buttermilk. Remove from buttermilk, season with salt and pepper, and dredge in seasoned flour. Repeat the process for all tomato slices and set aside on a plate.
- Fill a large cast-iron skillet with vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches and heat to 350 degrees. When oil is hot, in batches if necessary, carefully slide coated tomatoes into oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Top fried green tomatoes with watermelon-crab salad and drizzle with vinaigrette. Garnish with chives.