- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine eggs and oil into mixing bowl and whisk until frothy.
- In separate bowl, whisk together yellow grits, corneal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and divide into two separate balls.
- Shape each ball into logs approximately 10” long by 4” wide.
- Transfer logs onto parchment lined sheet pan.
- Bake logs approximately 25 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Remove logs and let cool to room temperature, and once cooled, slice the logs into desired lengths of biscotti and return to lined sheet pans.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Brush biscotti with melted butter and lightly sprinkle white grits over the top of biscotti.
- Return to oven and bake at 300 degrees until they reach desired dryness, approximately 20 minutes.
- from Chef Jon Cropf of BLU Restaurant & Bar, Folly Beach, SC