1 cup Georgia peanut flour
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons oil
2 skate filets
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons melted butter
½ cup raw Georgia peanuts
½ cup com kernels
1 red onion, peeled and diced
1 bell pepper, diced
½ cup field peas
2 tablespoons chopped parsley or chives
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup toasted Georgia peanuts, plus more for serving
1 cup shiitake or cremini
4 ounces heavy cream
4 ounces vegetable or shrimp stock
4 ounces butter
¼ cup chopped chives, plus more for serving
Salt and pepper to taste
For the skate wing
For the peanut succotash
For the peanut and mushroom butter
- Make the skate wing: Mix flour with salt and pepper. Dredge fish in flour and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium heat, then sear fish 3 minutes per side.
- Once seared, add butter and baste over fish to finish. Serve with peanut and mushroom butter and succotash.
- Make the peanut succotash: In a medium pan, heat butter over medium heat, then toast peanuts for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and saute for 3 minutes, until translucent and tender. Finish with herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the peanut and mushroom butter: Simmer peanuts and mushrooms in cream and stock on low heat until mushrooms are tender
- Puree in blender and pass through chinois. Return to heat and reduce until the sauce coats the back of the spoon.
- Stir in butter, add chives, and season with salt and pepper. When ready to plate, garnish fish with more chopped chives and chopped roasted peanuts
Recipe ByNick Leahy, Georgia Peanuts