¾ cup butter
1 cup sugar
¼ cup molasses
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon candied ginger, minced
2¼ cup all purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the egg with the molasses and the fresh and candied ginger.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula then add the egg mixture. Mix until incorporated and then scrape sides of the bowl again.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- from Chef Christina Oxford, Test Kitchen, Charleston, SC