Bar manager Miguel Lopez, Chef John Lichtenberger, and Chef de Cuisine Roman Murphy work in tandem to bring a slice of the islands to landlocked-Austin. So when football season rolls around, Chef Murphy delivers game-friendly, island-inspired fare like this cumin- and chipotle-laced Goat Fundito.
10 to 12 appetizer servings
1 pound white American cheese
1 cup half and half
1 tablespoon chipotle puree
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 pound goat cheese
Salt to taste
Guacamole (homemade or your favorite store bought)
Goat chorizo, cooked and crumbled
- Place white American cheese, half and half, chipotle puree, white pepper and cumin in double boiler or slow cooker. Stir every few minutes until melted.
- Add goat cheese, and stir until incorporated. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
- Serve in slow cooker or transfer to a fondue pot.
- Top fundito with guacamole and cooked chorizo crumbles.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Chef note: In the restaurant we use our housemade goat chorizo, but your favorite store bought chorizo will work.
- From Chef de Cuisine Roman Murphy of Isla in Austin, Texas