- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sauté shallots in olive oil until translucent. Add ham, apple, and garlic.
- When garlic releases aroma, deglaze with white wine and add cubed bread. Stirring constantly, add thyme, salt, pepper, sorghum, cinnamon, shredded Gouda, and sherry.
- Whisk eggs and heavy cream together in a bowl. Transfer bread mixture to a separate large bowl and fold in softened butter. Add eggs and cream to bread mixture.
- Grease a 3-quart casserole baking dish with butter, olive oil, or pan spray. Fill dish with the bread mixture and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Invert bread pudding onto a sheet pan, remove casserole dish, and turn oven temperature up to 400 degrees. Cook until golden and crispy on the outside, about 6−10 minutes.