2 store-bought pizza dough balls, refrigerated
2 cups mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 cup raspberries
1 cup blackberries
Powdered sugar, optional garnish
Mint leaves, optional garnish
- Set up grill for direct and indirect cooking over medium-high and low heat, respectively. On separate cookie sheets, coat dough in canola oil and form two circular 12-inch flat surfaces, each about a quarter inch thick.
- Carefully place dough over direct heat, stretching over grate to ensure even consistency. Cook for 60-90 seconds, or until the underside of the dough is browned and the top of the dough is bubbling with air pockets. Carefully flip dough and move to indirect heat.
- Mix the mascarpone, honey, and orange zest together in a bowl. Liberally smear the mixture over the top of both flatbread surfaces and evenly top with assorted berries.
- Cover grill and cook for another 4-6 minutes, or until the fruit is warmed through. Remove from heat, garnishing with a dusting of powdered sugar and a few mint leaves. Cut into quarters and serve.
Tip: I like to leave the grill on low heat while eating the main course, as it will cook off any bits and clean the grill in time for dessert.
- from Chef Matt Moore of Nashville, TN