- Prepare a chimney starter full of coals. Once coals are white hot, pour out and distribute around bottom of grill. Place grate over coals to heat.
- In a small sauté pan over coals, add chopped pecans and toast about 5 minutes, shaking pan to avoid scorching.
- Toss peach halves in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place peaches cut side down on the grate directly over coals and grill for 5 minutes. Flip and grill 2 minutes more. Remove from grill and place on a serving plate, cut side up.
- Crumble goat cheese over peaches and drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with toasted chopped pecans and garnish with torn mint leaves
- Chef Rob McDaniel of SpringHouse Restaurant at Russell Crossroads in Lake Martin, Alabama