For the griot:
- Make the griot: Pour vinegar over pork, squeeze citrus over top, and sprinkle with salt. Let rest for 2 hours. Drain.
- Transfer pork to a mixing bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender and rub into pork. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the pikliz: Heat vinegar over medium heat and add brown sugar to pot. Stir to dissolve.
- Assemble cabbage, carrot, mango, pineapple, red onion, chives, and red pepper in a mixing bowl and pour vinegar-brown sugar mixture over top. Allow mixture to marinate. Add salt, habanero peppers and lime juice to taste. Stir slaw several times over an hour, then cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer pork to a pan, cover, and place in oven. Braise until meat is soft and falling apart, 3 to 4 hours. Do not add water or liquid. Remove from oven and let cool. Coat pork in flour and fry until crispy.