- Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss gently.
Yield: 5 cups
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Combine the buttermilk, salt, and pepper in a bowl large enough to fit all the catfish. Stir well.
- Submerge the catfish in the buttermilk and let sit 15–20 minutes.
- Spread grit crust mixture in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Pinching the tail end of the fillet, carefully lift one piece of catfish out of the buttermilk and shake gently to remove excess buttermilk. Lay the catfish skin side up in the pan. Using your other (dry) hand, scoop grit crust from around the sides of the pan up onto the top of the fish until completely covered with grit crust. Press gently and let sit for 15–20 seconds.
- Carefully lift the fillet out of the grit crust and shake gently to remove excess crust. Place on a baking sheet, preferably with a rack.
- Repeat with the remaining catfish fillets. Store, uncovered, in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees in a 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- Carefully lower one fillet into the hot oil, skin side up. Cook for 2 minutes. Using a metal spatula, carefully flip the fish and cook an additional 1–2 minutes, until flesh is flaky.
- Repeat with the remaining fillets. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, place catfish on plate, topped with marmalade cole slaw to one side. Garnish with Italian parsley.