- Mix first 6 ingredients in one bowl, being careful to completely incorporate the baking powder and soda and to remove any clumps.
- Mix the eggs, buttermilk, and green and white onions in another bowl. Pour dry mixture over the wet and combine until all lumps are gone. Place in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes before frying.
- Heat vegetable oil in fryer or deep pot to 325 degrees.
- Scoop out 1 heavy rounded tablespoon of hushpuppy batter at a time and fry until golden brown on the outside and cooked through on the inside.
- Enjoy with either warm butter and/or a white remoulade.