8 Meyer lemons, zested
1 liter vodka
8 Meyer lemons, juiced
3 cups sugar
Water, as needed
After 2-3 weeks
- Wash 8 lemons in cool water and dry. Use microplane grater to grate zest of lemons. Be careful not to grate into pith.
- Pour vodka into non-reactive container, and add lemon zest. Cover and let sit for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Juice 8 lemons and add enough water to make 3 cups. Pour lemon juice/water mixture into medium sauce pan. Add sugar and bring to simmer. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Cover pan and cool completely.
- Strain zest from vodka then add lemon syrup to vodka. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 weeks.
- from "The Local Palate" Test Kitchen