- Warm milk and cream on stovetop.
- Add honey in increments to adjust sweetness to your liking. (Do not boil!)
- Beat egg yolks thoroughly and add to milk, cream, and honey.
- Heat until mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon and you are able to draw a line through it with your finger. Or to be more precise use a thermometer and heat to 165 degrees F.
- Pour mixture through a strainer into a bowl in an ice bath to cool quickly.
- Pour in bourbon to taste.
- Let the custard sit in the refrigerator overnight until cooled.
- Spin in a ice cream machine until soft serve, then freeze again overnight.