Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until it has reduced by two-thirds. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer and set aside.
- Season the bison steaks with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Take the honey, cracked pepper, and lavender and place it in a small saucepan. Warm gently over a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Place the white cheddar into the cooked grits, stir and keep warm.
- Sear the bison in a hot skillet for about 2½ minutes on each side for a rare/medium rare doneness. Brush the honey over the bison and place it atop a spoonful of the cheddar grits.
- Cut the bottom 2 inches off of the asparagus, wrap it in plastic wrap and place in microwave for 2 minutes on high power. Carefully cut a slit in the wrap once it has finished cooking and put the asparagus in a bowl with 1 tablespoon butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange asparagus next to your steaks.
- Lastly drizzle the blueberry sauce around all of the ingredients, garnish with a 1×1 inch piece of honeycomb and the sprig of lavender.