- Clean and trim Brussels sprouts. Blanch in salted, boiling water for about 5 minutes, until fork-tender.
- Shock in an ice bath; drain. Split Brussels in half and let drain for 30 minutes.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with honey, mustard, and bacon fat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and olive oil, and roast in a 400-degree oven.
- They will begin to caramelize after about 10 minutes.
- At that point add the chopped almonds and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Recipe from chef John Fleer of Rhubarb, Asheville, North Carolina