2 ½ cups
1 pound Scotch Bonnet chiles, seeded and diced small
1 Spanish onion, chopped
⅛ cup chopped garlic
2 oranges, juiced
½ cup mango, diced
1 cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup sugar
¼ pound raisins (about 1 ¼ cups)
¼ cup tomato paste
½ tablespoon salt
- Place all ingredients except for tomato paste and salt in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce and simmer for 1½ hours.
- Add tomato paste and salt and continue to cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend well.
- Sauce must be refrigerated before serving.
Note: if the sauce is thick, thin with half parts water and white vinegar.
- from Chef David Bracha, Oak Tavern Miami, Florida