1 small cucumber, sliced
4 teaspoons strawberry preserves
4 ounces lemon juice
8 ounces Hendrick’s Gin
4 ounces akvavit*
Sliced strawberries for garnish
Lemon quarters for garnish
Soda water to top
A Norwegian liquor flavored with various aromatics, usually caraway or cumin seed.
- Muddle cucumber slices.
- Add preserves and lemon juice, stirring to break up.
- Add spirits and shake all vigorously over ice for at least 10 seconds.
- Strain into punch bowl and garnish with sliced strawberry and lemon quarters.
- Ladle 2 ounces per glass and top with splash of soda water.
- from Chef Alex Gates of Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin, Texas