From chef Kenny Gilbert of Silkie’s Chicken and Champagne Bar, Jacksonville, Florida
“I always love to shake things up on game day. Fresh simple ingredients and bold flavors. My jerk-spice roasted broccoli with papaya chutney certainly delivers.”- Kenny Gilbert
1 whole head broccoli, stalk trimmed
1 cup of Duke’s Mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup Chef Kenny’s Jerk Spice
2 cups papaya, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons peeled, sliced ginger
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon minced habanero pepper
1 teaspoon xantham gum
1/2 cup each small red bell pepper, diced, and spanish onion, diced
1/4 cup thinly sliced cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine mayonnaise, lime juice, and jerk spice into a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Slather mayonnaise mixture all over the broccoli.
- Line a half-sheet pan with foil.
- Place broccoli on sheet pan and place into oven, and roast 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Place the first six ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes then purée with a hand blender until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Arrange jerk broccoli on a large wooden board, with a steak knife placed into the center of the head of broccoli.
- Add papaya chutney into a small dish and serve alongside the jerk broccoli.
Garnish: Lime wedges, herbs (rosemary, parsley, sage), Kosher salt.
- Recipe created by chef Kenny Gilbert of Silkie's Chicken and Champagne Bar, Jacksonville, Florida