1 bunch kale, thinly julienned
4 ounces Manchego cheese, grated
2 ounces pumpkin seeds, toasted
2 ounces currants
2 lemons, juiced
4 ounces olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Rinse the kale. Julienne thinly. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Cut lemons in half and squeeze juice over the kale.
- Drizzle 2 ounces of the olive oil over kale. Massage the kale and ingredients.
- Add the Manchego cheese, pumpkin seeds and currants.
- Season to taste.
- Plate a generous portion per person.
- Garnish with more olive oil and pumpkin seeds.
- from Chef Peter Pollay, of Posana Café in Asheville, NC