- Prepare the chicken: In a blender, puree buttermilk, garlic, ginger, peppers, cilantro, mint, and salt until smooth. Place the chicken in a large glass dish or bowl. Pour the buttermilk puree over the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Make the mango drizzle: Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Fry the chicken: Fill a large (12-inch) cast-iron skillet with ⅓ inch oil and gently heat to 350 degrees. Set a wire rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- While the oil is heating, remove the chicken from the buttermilk puree, gently shake off excess, and dredge each piece in flour.
- Place the chicken in the skillet, skin side down; at this point, the oil should come halfway up the pan. Cook chicken until it turns golden brown, 4 minutes per side.
- Drain the chicken on the rack and drizzle with melted coconut oil. Garnish with mango drizzle.
Note: The chicken marinates for 24 hours, so plan accordingly.