Key Lime Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour evenly into 2 parbaked pie crusts.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until set. Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream and a fresh squirt of key lime!
Gluten-Free Almond Granola Crust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In an ovenproof sauté pan, combine almonds, quinoa, and both seeds. Place in oven for 4 minutes to toast, lightly stirring or flipping after 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven, pour into a bowl, and cool.
- Add sugar, salt, flour, and cornstarch to seed/nut mixture and mix well.
- Cut butter into mixture with forks, whisk, or pastry blender until fully incorporated.
- Fold in egg yolk completely.
- Turn dough out onto wax paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide dough and roll out to fit into 2 8-inch pie dishes.
- Parbake crusts for 10 minutes and cool before adding filling.