Serves 2 as an appetizer
½ cup pistachio kernels
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons tightly packed mint leaves
1 tablespoons tightly packed parsley leaves
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
½ cup honey
2 teaspoons coarse cracked black pepper
1 bunch cilantro leaves
1 bunch parsley leaves
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
For the lamb lollipops:
5 (2- to 3-ounce) lamb chops
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons pistachio-mint pesto
2 tablespoons chimichurri
1 tablespoon black pepper honey
2 tablespoons toasted pistachio kernels
5 mint leaves
For the pistachio-mint pesto:
For the black pepper honey:
For the chimichurri:
- Make the pistachio-mint pesto: Combine pistachio kernels, lemon juice, mint leaves, parsley leaves, and 1/3 cup water in a food processor and process until thoroughly combined. Slowly drizzle in oil and process until smooth. Season to taste and set aside.
- Make the black pepper honey: In a small saucepot, heat 2 tablespoons water until it steams. Add honey and black pepper, stirring to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the chimichurri: In a blender, puree cilantro, parsley, red wine vinegar, and canola oil. Add red pepper flakes and garlic and process until combined. Set aside until ready to use.
- Make the lamb lollipops: Prepare a grill for high heat. Season lamb chops with salt and pepper. Grill over flame until medium-rare, about 3 minutes per side.
- To assemble: Spoon the pistachio-mint pesto onto one side of a plate and use a spoon to swipe it across the plate. Place the lamb chops over the pistachio-mint pesto, propping them over each other. Drizzle the black pepper honey and chimichurri over the lamb chops. Garnish with feta, pistachio kernels, and mint leaves.
- From Jacob Weaver and David Esquibel, Group Therapy, Hotel ZaZa, Austin, Texas