- Combine all ingredients. Let pimento cheese rest in refrigerator overnight if possible.
- Fill a cocotte, or vessel of choice, with pimento cheese. Tie with a ribbon and an antique spreader tied in the bow. Couple with a bag of lavosh for a party-stopping host or hostess gift.
Yield: 3 cups
- In a large bowl combine bread flour and kosher salt.
- Stir together olive oil, water, and egg white, then add mixture to dry ingredients.
- Combine to make dough. Knead for a couple of minutes, then return to bowl and cover with a tea towel and let rest for at least 45 minutes or wrap dough in plastic wrap and hold in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush back of a sheet pan with olive oil. Divide dough into 3 pieces and gently stretch dough until it covers most of the pan surface. Dough should be thin.
- Lightly brush dough with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack and then break into individual crackers.
- Fill a brown paper bag with crackers and tie it with a ribbon to go alongside the pimento cheese.