2 ounces lavender-infused vodka*
½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ ounce simple syrup
Lemon twist to garnish
1 ½ tablespoons dried lavender
750 millimeters quality vodka
¼ tablespoon dried lavender
½ cup granulated sugar
Place lavender in a sealed bottle or container filled with vodka and let sit for two days in order to infuse. After two days, strain with a fine mesh strainer to remove lavender.
- Place dried lavender in the bowl of a food processor and blend for 10-15 seconds to chop into small pieces.
- Add half of the sugar to the processor and blend well for 15-20 seconds.
- Remove from processor and mix in remaining sugar until lavender is well dispersed.
- Store sugar for future use in a sealed container or jar.
Chill in shaker filled with ice, then pour into a martini glass, rimmed in lavender sugar. Garnish with lemon twist.
- from Chef John Ondo of Lana Restaurant & Bar, Charleston, SC