1½ cups ketchup
¼ cup prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon vodka
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 lemons, pith and rind removed, sectioned
Cocktail sauce (recipe above)
2 cups cooked lobster knuckles or tail meat cut into ½-inch pieces
3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
1 cup cocktail sauce
15 celery heart leaves
- Combine ketchup, horseradish, vodka, Worcestershire, and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk until thoroughly incorporated. Season with salt and pepper. The cocktail sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cut the lemon segments in half.
- Place a dollop of cocktail sauce in the bottom of each of 5 rocks glasses. Add 3–4 pieces of lobster. Place a layer of diced avocado on top of the lobster. Add another dollop of cocktail sauce on top of the avocado. Add a second layer of lobster.
- Garnish the cocktail parfaits with lemon segments and celery leaves.
- from Patrick O'Connell of The Inn at Little Washington, Washington, VA