1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup pancetta, small diced
4 ears sweet corn (kernels removed from cob)
¼ cup yellow onion, small diced
¼ cup red bell pepper, small diced
¼ cup celery, small diced
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 dried bay leaf
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1½ cups chicken stock
1 cup cream
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add olive oil and pancetta and cook until all fat is rendered from meat, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add corn to skillet and increase heat to high.
- Continue to sauté until corn begins to brown.
- Add yellow onion, red bell pepper, celery, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to simmer. Simmer until about ¼ cup of liquid remains.
- To finish, add cream, reduce until thick, and stir in chopped parsley and tomato.
- Separate into individual bowls and serve warm.
- Recipe by Chef Tenney Flynn of GW Fins in New Orleans