3 cups cooked and drained field peas
1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimentos
¼ cup finely diced red onion
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon Tabasco, or to taste
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
½ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup bottled Italian salad dressing, plus more as needed
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- The relish should be moist, but not soupy; add a little more dressing if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and preferably overnight.
- Return to room temperature, stir well, and check the seasoning before serving.
- Store covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.