Prepare a charcoal grill with a half-chimney of coals. Skewer okra and brush with olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill for a few minutes per side, until charred and tender. Transfer okra to a bowl and toss with corn, tomato shrimp vinaigrette, scallion, and basil. Finish with sea salt.
Tomato Shrimp Vinaigrette
In the bowl of a food processor, combine all ingredients. Puree just until combined, but mixture still has a chunky texture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Coal-Cooked Sweet Potato
- Wrap sweet potato in foil. Prepare a charcoal grill. Once coals are fully lit, place sweet potato among them. Let cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes, turning potato halfway through cook time.
- Using a knife and a towel to protect your hands, open potato, and slice into chunks. Finish with a drizzle of cane syrup and sprinkle of sea salt.
Sliced Tomatoes with Cane Vinegar
Cut tomato into thick wedges and dress with cane vinegar and shiso leaves.
Peach Hot Sauce
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
Bread and Butter Pickles
- Combine cucumbers with ½ cup salt, ice, and 1 gallon water and refrigerate overnight.
- In a medium pan, combine remaining ingredients with ½ cup water and remaining ½ cup salt and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. As soon as pickling brine boils, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Drain cucumbers and submerge in cooled pickling brine. Allow to sit in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.