Dried lima beans
Onion soup mix
Smoked neck bone or smoked picnic-cut pork or ham chunks
Salt and pepper
1. Pre-soak lima beans either in hot water for at least 1 hour, or preferably in cold water overnight.
2. Rinse and drain beans and place in large pot.
3. Cover beans with hot water and add onion soup mix and sugar.
4. Add smoked neck bone, picnic, or ham chunks.
5. Cook for 11⁄2 hours or until tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- By Martha Lou Gadsden, Martha Lou's Kitchen, Charleston