1 cup Maryland backfin crabmeat
2 cup cooked white rice
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 cup white flour
1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
2 cups peanut oil for frying
- In large bowl, mix together crabmeat, rice, egg, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour and Old Bay. Set aside.
- Shape rice mixture into 12 small balls, slightly smaller than golf ball. Roll each ball in flour mixture and place on sheet pan. Chill in refrigerator about 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep pan to 350 degrees. Drop few balls at a time into oil and fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on paper towel-lined plate. Serve alone or with marinara sauce.
- from Chef James Ricciuti of Ricciuti's Restaurant in Olney, MD