Yield: 1 13 by 9-inch cheesecake
¾ cup graham flour
½ cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, cold
2-3 tablespoons ice water
Cardamom powder for garnish
22 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
¼ cup white chocolate, melted
1 vanilla bean, scraped
16 ounces mascarpone, room temperature
Graham Cracker Crust
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flours, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Cut butter into ½-inch cubes.
- Add to food processor and pulse until it resembles cornmeal.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time while food processor is running.
- Turn off processor when dough forms into a ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, place dough on parchment and roll until paper thin.
- Sprinkle top with cardamom powder and bake until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Put cream cheese in mixer with paddle attachment and beat until creamy
- With mixer on low gradually add sugar then increase speed to medium and beat until cream cheese is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted chocolate, vanilla bean, and mascarpone.
- Add chocolate mixture to cream cheese and mix until combined.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into dish and smooth surface with an offset spatula.
- Fill a water bath to half the height of cheesecake pan and place dish in waterbath. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cheesecake should be firm, but jiggle slightly in the center.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool completely.
- Gently flip out of pans, and let chill in refrigerator for 5 hours before serving.
- Slice cheesecake into 1½ -inch squares. Place 2 pieces of cheesecake on plate.
- Break graham cracker into pieces and place around cheesecake. Serve with fresh berries and raspberry sauce.
- from Chef Erik Niel of Easy Bistro, Chattanooga, TN