6 potatoes, peeled
1 stick butter
2 cups milk, at room temperature
3 garlic cloves, smashed
Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add potatoes. Boil until fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepot, add butter and melt. Add milk and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Once potatoes are fork-tender, add them to a ricer and rice into a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Strain out garlic from milk mixture. Whisk riced potatoes on low speed while drizzling in the milk mixture. Once desired consistency is achieved (you will likely have milk mixture left over), salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- From Andrew Ticer and Michael Hudman of Andrew Michaels Italian Kitchen, Memphis, TN