- In a small bowl, beat eggs to make an egg wash. Measure flour into a separate bowl. Season each oyster lightly with black pepper, dip in egg wash, then into flour, and set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once oil is shimmering (but not smoking), begin adding oysters to pan starting at 12 o’clock and moving clockwise. This allows you to keep better track of when you added each oyster to the pan. Cook for 1 minute on each side and then remove from pan. Set aside on parchment-lined tray.
- In the same pan, add shallots, garlic, crushed red pepper, and a pinch of salt. Sauté for about 2 min-utes, until shallots and garlic are soft but not brown. Add lemon zest and juice and reduce by a third.
- Remove pan from heat and swirl in butter until incorporated. Reduce heat to medium and return pan to burner. Add oysters and parsley back to pan and toss through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine tomatoes and frisée on a serving platter. Pour pan sauce over greens and arrange the oysters on top.