3 heaping cups unsifted self-rising flour (or 3 cups all-purpose flour with 1 tablespoon baking powder)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons dark molasses
1 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons dried ginger
About 50 whole pecans
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup brown sugar
1 jigger bourbon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix first 6 ingredients together well. Grease and butter a large baking sheet. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheet. Bake 8–10 minutes.
- When warm cookies come out of oven, push 1 whole pecan into the center of each cookie. Place on a baking rack to cool.
- While cooling, make glaze by sautéing butter, brown sugar, and bourbon over low heat. Let cool slightly and drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.
- from Chef Art Jennette of Checker BBQ & Seafood, Jacksonville, FL