1 cup fine semolina
1 cup all-purpose flour
4½ ounces ghee
1 cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
¼ teaspoon saffron strands
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon yogurt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Sift flour with semolina using a fine sieve.
- With a beater, cream ghee and sugar very well, until light and creamy.
- Add cardamom and nutmeg and cream again.
- Warm saffron and dissolve in milk.
- Add yogurt, baking soda, and prepared saffron to butter/sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add flour and semolina and knead well with your hands. Form into small rounds.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet and bake for 30–40 minutes. Serve warm.