- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cups of flour with the baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly (or sift together).
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in cubed butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk and stir with a fork or wooden spoon until a soft dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead 2 or 3 times, just until it comes together.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough ¼-inch thick fold in half and roll out to ¼-inch thick again to laminate (or flatten) butter into layers. Repeat several times and finish by rolling out dough out to ½-inch thick. Using a lightly floured 2 ¼-inch round cutter, stamp out biscuits as close together as possible. Pat the dough scraps together and stamp out more biscuits. Transfer the biscuits to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes, until the biscuits have risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and turn it off, brush with melted butter then return t let sit in cooling oven for several minutes.