- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk together first 7 ingredients.
- In second bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and poppy seeds. Add dry ingredients into egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour batter into 10-inch cake pan that has been sprayed and lined with parchment paper. Bake about 45 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack, 30 minutes, then unmold and let cool completely.
- In saucepan, bring cream, milk, and sugar to boil. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in gelatin, chèvre, salt, and pepper. Pour into prepared molds and refrigerate until set.
- Slice strawberries, then toss in a bowl with sugar and lemon juice.
- Serve with cake and panna cotta.