- In a pot over medium heat sauté chistorra in a dry pan until it begins to brown and get slightly crispy. Remove the chistorra bits from the pan and set aside.
- In the fat that has cooked out of the chistorra, sauté the onions until soft. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add wine and cook until reduced by half. Add wild rice and sauté for 2 minutes. Add stock , bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Then add the white rice, bring back to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until cooked approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast pine nuts on sheet pan in the oven preheated to 300 degrees.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, melt the butter. When sizzling hot add the cubed baguette, stirring frequently until golden brown. Set aside.
- To the rice mixture, stir in oysters and ¼ cup of their liquor (juice from the oysters), toasted baguette cubes, cooked chistorra, minced sage, and toasted pine nuts. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish. Spread dressing in dish and refrigerate. The recipe can be made up to this point one day in advance.
- After the turkey is removed from the oven, increase heat to 375, put dressing on bottom rack of oven, and cook for 30−40 minutes, until hot.