Food Culture of the South
- Confit garlic cloves by covering in oil in saucepan and simmering on low until soft, about 1 hour. You do not want to brown garlic. Strain, reserving both oil and garlic cloves.
- In same saucepan, cover leeks with garlic oil and simmer until soft.
- In food processor, purée leeks and garlic cloves until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Mix garlic and leeks with butter. Add lemon juice, salt and, pepper. Set aside to cool completely.
Prepare broiler on low.
Place 1/2 tablespoon of cold butter mixture on each oyster.
Broil until oysters begin to curl (can also grill if preferred) and serve immediately.
- Recipe from chef Bill Briand of Fisher's in Orange Beach, Alabama