- To make blonde roux, sweat shallot, garlic, and prepared horseradish in ⅓ of the butter. Once sweating is complete, add remainder of butter. Once melted, add flour.
- After roux has cooked for a few minutes, add milk slowly, stirring constantly until all milk is incorporated. Stir occasionally during cooking to prevent sticking. Once béchamel is at proper consistency, season to taste and set aside.
- Sweat sliced garlic and red pepper in clarified butter. Add spinach. Season, drain, and add to roux.
- For breadcrumb topping, render bacon until almost crispy. Add celery, onion, pepper, garlic, ½ pound of butter, and sweat. Add remainder of butter and let brown. Then add panko, stirring gently over medium heat to lightly toast.
- Once toasted add cheddar until combined. Finish with green onion, and Worcestershire. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spoon creamed spinach mixture on top of each oyster and spoon breadcrumb mixture on top of spinach. Bake until golden brown.