- Place oil and potatoes in sauté pan set over medium-high heat and cook about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until evenly brown.
- Add 2 ounces butter and garlic scapes to pan with potatoes, allowing scapes to caramelize, about 2 minutes.
- Add smoked spring onion, sautéing until all ingredients are incorporated. Season to taste and leave pan over very low heat to keep warm.
- In separate sauté pan set over medium heat, sear trout fillets skin side down. After about 3 to 4 minutes, add remaining butter. Allow butter to brown and then use to baste fish. Flip fish over (skin should be crispy) and baste other side. Remove from pan after 15 seconds, reserving browned butter.
- To serve, arrange vegetables on each plate. Place trout on top, then pour browned butter over fish. Dress with shaved radishes, parsley, drizzle of oil, and generous squeeze of lemon.