- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place parsnips, cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla in medium pot over low heat and cook until parsnips are very tender.
- Transfer to blender, remove vanilla bean, and purée until smooth. Let cool.
- Combine parsnip cream with eggs in blender and blend until fully incorporated.
- Divide mixture into 4 oven-safe ramekins, place in water bath, and cook covered for 45 minutes or until custard is set.
- To serve, top custard with spoonful of your favorite pear preserves, and sprinkle generously with Crispy Buckwheat with Pecans.
Crispy Buckwheat with Pecans
- Bring oil to 325 degrees in medium pot over medium heat.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, Aleppo pepper, and chopped pecans in medium bowl.
- Place buckwheat groats in fine mesh strainer, and place in oil. Fry until crispy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer groats to paper towel, and then toss with pecan mixture.
Yield: 1 cup