2 9-inch deep dish pie crusts
1 cup sugar
1 cup Karo corn syrup
2 sticks butter
8 ounces chocolate chips
2 teaspoons vanilla
1½ cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the first four ingredients and 4 ounces of chocolate chips in a saucepan in the stove top over medium-low heat.
- Let the mixture cool and add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Line the bottom of each pie crust with 3/4 cup walnuts and 4 ounces chocolate chips. Pour melted mixture over nuts.
- Bake pie for 45 minutes, or until set. Best served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- from Sissy Hassy, Innkeeper of Sea View on Pawleys Island, SC