- Bring large pot of water to boil. With small paring knife, make an X at top of each peach, just deep enough to slice skin. Blanch peaches 8–10 seconds and shock in ice bath immediately to chill.
- Peel away skin. Slice flesh away from pits, reserving 1½ cups cut fruit for salsa verde.
- In blender, combine peaches with remaining ingredients and purée until very smooth. Adjust seasoning with sherry vinegar and salt and pepper. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice crust away from baguette and cut into ½-inch cubes.
- Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper and bake until slightly golden, about 15 minutes, and reserve.
- Cut peaches into ¼-inch dice and add remaining ingredients.
Can be made 2–3 hours in advance.
- Ladle soup into bowl, top with large spoonful of salsa verde, scatter some croutes, and generously drizzle with olive oil.
[media size= "large" align="center" link="https://thelocalpalate.com/subscribe"]