6 ripe peaches, pitted and peeled
1 Vidalia onion, diced
8 cloves garlic, chopped
10 Fresno peppers, diced
1 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup white distilled vinegar
2 cups water
1 cup salt
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon soy lecithin (optional) (aids in emulsification process)
- Sauté onion, garlic and chilies until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except peaches and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, and cook until vegetables are cooked through.
- Purée in batches, adding peaches to each batch until everything is puréed.
- Strain and taste to adjust seasoning.
Date Published: 06.25.13