- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Whisk whites and salt in an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until slightly foamy.
- Begin adding sugar in, a bit at a time, and continue whisking until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in pecans with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop onto parchment-lined sheet pan with 1-inch cookie scoop or pipe in 1-inch mounds. Note: If using as cake topping, spread on top of sweet potato skillet cake (see recipe above).
- Bake for 40 minutes or until nearly dry in the middle (test cookies for desired crispness by pulling one out of pan and letting it cool at room temperature for a minute).