Corn Chili and Soufflé Base
- Sauté all corn chili ingredients over medium heat until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Grease either 6 large (6-ounce) soufflé ramekins or muffin tins with butter or cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients for soufflé base in blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add half of corn chili mixture and blend well.
- Pour into ramekins or muffin tins, leaving ¼ inch at top. Sprinkle with remaining corn chili mixture and a few thyme leaves. Bake at 325 degrees for twenty minutes, or until set.
- Spoon chutney over soufflé or serve on the side.
Benton’s Bacon and Chipotle Chutney
- Render the bacon in a sauté pan over low heat until crispy.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent. Add the minced garlic, lower the heat, and cook until translucent.
- Add the bourbon and reduce until no liquid is left. Add the brown sugar and vinegar, reduce by half.
- Add the chipotle and cook while stirring for three more minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.