Make this super easy poached asparagus recipe from Chef Dale Hawkins of Fish Hawk Acres. Chef Hawkins recommends peeling the asparagus for a sweeter taste. After blanching in a saline bath and shocking in ice water, it maintains a beautiful, crisp green color.
Photo by: James Smith
Serves 4 to 6
1 pound asparagus
Extra virgin olive oil
Juice of one lemon
Freshly ground pepper
- Snap each asparagus into two pieces and discard the woody part of the stem. Peel from just below the tip all the way down the stock.
- Fill a 2-quart saucepan ⅓ with water and add about ¼ cup of salt. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer.
- Add asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain and immerse into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Once chilled, pat dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a good sprinkle of sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Recipe from Chef Dale Hawkins of Fish Hawk Acres, Rock Cave, West Virginia